Badrinath Ki Dulhaniya a.k.a. Frankfinn Has A Lot Of Money a.k.a. Make Air Hostesses Cool Again a.k.a. Varun Dhawan Can Show Many Different Emotions In The Same Kind Of Role

I will start with the usual, the seats at Cinepolis suck. Also, I would advise everyone to park their vehicle near Aarya/where Polka Dots previously was. Its much faster to leave/arrive into the mall than circumnavigating their Daedalian parking. And yes I watched it, but haven't seen Logan yet.

The movie was scheduled for 1905 hours. We were seated by 1900. Ads began at 1904. Ads. Not trailers, ads. Bloody, if I had to see ads, I have a TV and even the HD channels show less ads than this theatre! 1908 National Anthem starts. 1909 Trailers start. And finally at 1912, the movie starts. Frustrating. And this, unfortunately is the norm now. #acchedin?

Movie is ok. Alia Bhatt acts well. Though I found her acting much more mature in Udta Punjab. Probably the role matters. Varun Dhawan also played his role well. I really cannot differentiate between him and that Raasleela guy, kon to aapla, Ranveer Singh and Virat Kohli. Oh wait, one of them accomplishes something in life. Though my favourite actor was Sahil Vaid. He is the freshness of the script and does not fall behind at any point. Except for one line in Singapur, where he says "Mard ban etc etc", which I thought was out of character. His comic timing seems much genuine than Badri's asides and quips. Sets are nice. Direction too. I really liked that one shot towards the end when Badri says he sees Vaidehi everywhere and as the camera pans she comes in frame and the camera continues before coming back. Reminded me of such shots in cartoons.The story was predictable, I guess it was supposed to be. The different setting and language can only take it so far. The sarcastic humour in the prologue was sorely missed in the mid.

My eyes fleeted over a couple of articles in my newsfeed saying how it glorifies stalking and misogyny and how such movies are out-of-place in 2017. But I disagree, taken as a whole, this movie to me is clearly anti-misogyny. Of course, here I am stressing 'movie taken as a whole', and in such cases, the 'particulars' are often a necessity.

La La Land was better. I would at least watch it purely for 'entertainment'. Not BKD.
Anyway, a gem from an aunty in the theatre: "He lagnat maagna ani dena-ghena saglikade khoop chalta. Phakta ithe apan Maharashtrat barach kami kelay."

I had my first chicken from KFC today. Liked it. Did not realize they give such huge pieces. Kal ka lunch fix. I also realized that one of the joys of ice-cream is licking it all the way to your seat and watching others watch you eat ice-cream.

1 Beard/5

Comments