La La Land

Generally, I would not have gone for this movie. But got free tickets (Since the first question everyone asked me after that statement is 'How?!'. well my friend Pranav Joshi got them, and since it was a 9 20 show, and the venue was the Aundh Cinepolis, he very generously called me at 9 and so I went). Tickets were free, but we were so hungry (I generally have breakfast and go for early morning shows too, but as I said this was very short notice) that we collectively spent almost 500 on food. So much for that.

Casting was perfect I think. Emma Stone played her part well, which was mainly looking pretty, sometimes in distress, sometimes happy. Ryanbhau was good too. What I loved most was the sets, the extremely beautiful and perfect use of lights and lighting.

There is nothing different to add. It is a feel-good movie with songs and dances. Something, delving into stereotypes, a guy could take a girl to. A typical Bollywood movie with all dialogues in English. But unlike the set formula, Ryan dada does not get the girl in the end, and it broke my heart. If even he does not get the girl in the end, what about Mormontians like me?

What I learnt: I like Ryan Gooseson cause he looks a bit like Christoph Waltz to me.

Rating: 2 Beards/5

Comments