Section 375

I really like Akshaye Khanna. I think his acting has a range of subtle emotions. So that was my main reason for watching this movie. A subsidiary reason was that it got better reviews than Dream Girl which Ishan Tuljapurkar had originally suggested we go for. Do not know if it was worth it.

I think Akshaye Khanna was the only good thing in the movie and if one wishes to see the movie, see it only for him.

Otherwise this movie has left a very ambiguous, confusing and unsettling, wobbly gola in my stomach. I can't make up my mind about it. I am finding reasons to completely dislike it, but some part of me is rationalizing parts of the story. I had conversations with Ishan and we even later read more articles about it. Nothing helped.

On hand I can obviously see it being screened at a MRA get-together. I really did not see the message/point of the movie, or even who it was pandering to. Perhaps it was all over the place, or perhaps it was a fact statement stretched to movie-length. Ishan said that the message of the movie is the thrice-repeated phrase "We are in the business of Law and not Justice". I was not convinced. Any message needed to be put-across needs audience stake. Here even the first-scene foreshadowing of the second-last scene twist felt meh.

The last scene was totally useless.

I have not touched law since college, where too I barely learnt it. But when urgent bail proceedings for a non-bailable offence turn into a criminal trial in front of a divisional bench of the Bombay High Court, it reaches next levels of outrageousness. Thoda research karo. Even I researched more for my class moot.

Nothing more to say other than the fact that I feel that the director tried to do a Roshomon style multiple-accounts-of-same-incident thing but failed miserably.

2 Beards/5

Comments